Mount View Caravan Park is in the village of Abington, just off the motorway, south of Glasgow. Stay with us and you can visit the Border country - Biggar and Peebles are easily reached - plus Glasgow and Edinburgh, both within an hour. This is a family-run park and we are always around to welcome you and to give you tips on days out. Clyde Valley is a lovely, green part of Scotland, with walks and cycle runs close to the park. Abington - five minutes on foot - has a shop and a cosy pub.
Our park: We have:
- level, hard-standing pitches
- with hook-ups to electricity and tv aerials
- lots of trees to provide an attractive background
- a playground for children
- a launderette, washing-up facilities
- a modern toilet block, with a family/disabled room
- a special area set aside for tents
Some ideas on where to go:
- New Lanark, a fascinating village which shows our industrial heritage; tour the visitor centre,
browse in the shop.
- only 20 minutes away is the magnificent castle of Drumlanrig, home to the dukes of Buccleuch.
- or you can visit the Lead Mine in Wanlockhead, the highest village in Scotland.
- and there is the town of Biggar, with its Gasworks Museum.
If you prefer to leave the car, we have several walks right from the park; and cycle paths of upt to eleven miles, far enough to stretch your legs and build up an appetite. Another option is to go fishing in the River Clyde or at one of the local fisheries. There are also several golf courses not far away.
Bird-watching is also popular with our visitors.
We have seasonal pitches on the park; call us to check availability.
Open: We are open to the end of October..